Saturday, May 22, 2010

Self-Care...

I have had the honor and pleasure to meet the author of "The Art of Extreme Self-Care" by Cheryl Richardson. Some of you reading my post today may have heard of her or have listened to her speak. She is a lovely woman. Self-Care is so important and there are so many ways to pamper yourself every day. I enjoy taking time to listen to the sounds of nature, pray, meditate and journal among many other things. I believe it is important to take time to reflect without interruptions during your day. Sometimes our days can get so busy, we forget about taking time for ourselves! I also take time to exercise, eat right (the best I can...:)) and honor myself any opportunity I have. God has given us the gift of our bodies to do our best to take care of ourselves. Have you honored yourself lately? Have you given yourself the gift of a massage or done something special for yourself? I am guilty of this as well, but sometimes we can be our own worst enemies! We beat ourselves up, or put ourselves down about this or that, when I believe we should honor and respect all parts of ourselves. If you are making a choice to sabotage yourself in anyway--it is only going to make you feel worse. Instead, make a choice to say something nice to yourself, eat something healthy or do whatever makes you feel happy. It is all up to you! I know for me, there are times I really surprise myself with discipline when I want something bad enough. In Debbie Ford's book: "The Right Questions" there is a chapter called: "Will This Choice Bring Me Long-Term Fulfillment or Will It Bring Me Short-Term Gratification?" This is something to think about when you are making day to day choices. You are the only--YOU--you've got. You are special, unique and you matter! It all starts within...If you love yourself, others' will, too. Live your life to the fullest and choose Self-Care...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeannine,
    What a lovely post!
    Me too I love nature and I love those cd's you can buy of sounds of nature,the ocean,rain an such like!I love to journal-so important and reflection is a big part of my life.
    Since my major surgery last year I ensure I take good care of myself.
    I love the pampering of a bubble bath and candles!
    Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog my new friend. Enjoy your evening.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I have yours. Very interesting.
    I am now a follower.
    God Bless, Bob
    http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/05/god-vs-science.html

    ReplyDelete