I feel inspired to write about forgiveness today. I know for myself, it is not always easy to forgive others' when they do hurtful things and are unkind. Is there someone in your life you need to forgive? It does not mean that, we condone the behavior done to us, but to forgive means to let go of the pain, hurt, resentment, anger (or whatever emotions you are feeling) so we do not stay 'stuck' and connected to that other person or event. It allows freedom in our lives to let go, move on and live from our "Highest Selves." All of us can connect to our Higher-Self in any moment we choose. It is a direct connection to the Divine...
I have had the pleasure and honor to meet an amazing woman in my life (She is also part of my blog list:)) and her name is Immaculee' Illibagiza. She has also written a book: "Left to Tell." She is an 1994 Rwandan Holocaust Survivor and her book is one of the most profound books I have ever read. Her faith in God and her forgiveness of the killers of her family and friends during that horrific time is nothing short of miraculous. Her book brought me to tears because of her faith, devotion to God and enduring unimaginable pain of loss. She continues to share her story and it helps put things into perspective for my own life to be willing to forgive...Choosing not to forgive is self-sabotage and detrimental to our spirit...
Life is too short to 'hold onto' anything that does not serve our highest good. God searches our hearts and He sees all. Choose to be a blessing to yourself, others' and do as Christ would have you do. "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Col 3:13.
God Bless each and everyone of you reading this blog post and may you find it in your heart to forgive...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Jeannine,
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your post and thank you for sharing.How right you are-if we do not forgive it is so detrimental too our spirit and it is also so destructive.How I have sruggled with forgiving sometimes!
I must try to get the book you talk of-I would love to read it.
Have a great Tuesday!
Blessings
Great post, Jeannine!! You are absoulutely right & explained why we need to forgive very well! I have come a long way in forgiving and letting go of past hurts. I still get a little worked up when my youngest son is treated poorly and/or hurt. That's a hard one still!:-(
ReplyDeleteThat book also brought me to tears. She is an amazing inspiration to us all!
Have a Wonderful week!
HUGS,
Coreen
I strive to forgive. When I am hurt it really stabs deep but this has been on my mind...letting go through forgivness and moving forward. Lovely post! :)
ReplyDeleteAmen! Forgiveness is such a powerful thing!
ReplyDeleteI would like to invite you to visit my blog. I would love to get your thoughts on some of my recent posts.
alonganarrowway.blogspot.com
God Bless!
Yes, Immaculee is an amazing beautiful woman who shines with love & light. I met her a couple of times also at the book conventions when "Left to Tell" was released. I then had to watch the movie "Hotel Rowanda" because for some reason I was unaware. Pop over to my DeVorss & Company facebook page and there is a photo of us. I was very touched to speak with her and have the opportunity to let her know how much her message of Forgiveness & Love meant to me.
ReplyDelete