Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Faith over Fear"

"When you have come to the edge

Of all the light that you know

And are about to drop off into the darkness

Of the unknown,

Faith is knowing

One of two things will happen:

There will be something solid to stand on or

You will be taught to fly."-Patrick Overton


Debbie Ford has written a book called: "The Right Questions." The title of chapter 12 is: "Is This an Act of Faith or Is It an Act of Fear?" "Every important choice we make is being guided by one of two places: either it is an act of faith or it is an act of fear." Within all of us, there is the power to make wise, conscious choices every day. In my own life, when I am 'in my head too much,' I choose to relax, breathe and trust that, "there is a power, an unseen force, guiding (us) me." I also reach out to family and some of my best friends for support and listen to their positive words of wisdom. All of us face challenges and we never want to feel alone."Fear, on the other hand, keeps us rooted in the past." "Fear shuts us down, while faith opens us up." These are just a few quotes from Debbie's book that, help me choose "faith over fear." I hope these words help you, too, trust you have the Divine support from the Universe.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this and your thoughts on it too! Really needed to read this tonight! I am again so glad I found you. You're a great inspiratioh to me!! HUGS, Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. You are so right about how we act out of either fear or faith. The roads are very different. I appreciate your spirit and your attitude. Sounds like we share the faith road. God bless. I enjoyed stopping by. If you are so inclined, feel free to come on over and see what I have going on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, Jeannine. Too, fear is a learned emotion. Little children know little fear and are taught fear. That could be good in the case to protect oneself, or bad in the case of building poor emotion.

    Faith overcomes fear. God tells us to fear no one or anything, but Him. Our faith in Him, like you say, Jeannine, overcomes our fear.

    Keep posting positive inspirational ideas. It's uplifting. Thanks.
    Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from FF.. I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya
    New friend!!

    ReplyDelete