Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A new day....

I feel inspired to write from my heart and hopefully, something I write will help inspire you to honor yourself and to be your best friend. Life is truly an adventure and journey. Yes, there are challenges, however, attitude is everything. From moment to moment, all of us have the power of choice. How do your view these challenges? Do we give up? Be the victim? Play small? Or do we believe in better days and put one foot in front of the other trusting everything will work out for our highest good. It is always our choice.....

I had been very fortunate a couple of years' ago to meet the New York Times Bestselling Author-Debbie Ford. I completed her Coaching Program at JFK University in 2007. The knowledge and awareness I received during that time was priceless and has truly changed my life. There is nothing more valuable than looking in the mirror and truly liking who you see. This includes all parts of myself-my darkness as well as my light.

"Our Deepest Fear"
~Marianne Williamson as quoted by Nelson Mandela in his 1994 Inaugural Speech~
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves..."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

1 comment:

  1. Well said. Writing from the heart is the only way to write. Anything less does not ring true.

    This Debbie Ford must be some kind of gal.

    well, since you didn't leave any more post for me to read, I'll have to be going until you decide to write again. I hope that is soon.

    It's been great visiting your world and seeing your light shine.

    Keep up the good work, Jeannine and God Bless You!

    (I can't find where you mentioned children but if you are a mom, Happy Mother's day.)

    Until next time.
    Cliff

    ReplyDelete